Monday, May 23, 2011

I have a lot of things I want to do.

I have a lot of ideas. A lot of projects that I want to start, do and complete this summer.

For example I want to write in this blog. Which I am currently succeeding at but once this post is up I'll need to actually organize and articulate my thoughts so that this little project can continue along with many others.

But I don't want this blog to be just a summer thing. I want to write and get the most out of writing. I want to get my thoughts on virtual paper and express my ideas and share my ramblings. But I also want to enjoy it.

As for other projects. I want to vlog, or video blog or make videos on YouTube, however you want to phrase it. I've been brainstorming ideas for a few months now and of course I've been inspired by the awesome that is the Vlogbrothers but I want to put my ideas into action. I'm hoping that by making this post it will help me remember all the things I want to do. Vlogging is up there on the list. What I like about vlogging is the community that has sprung up around it and especially in Nerdfighteria. I think sharing opinions and more importantly listening to others is a part of everyday life and to be able to express and exchange these opinions on forums such as YouTube is grand.

I also want to take more photos. Photography is a completely different form of expression and it means something different entirely to me than expressing yourself through writing or video.  When you take a picture you depict what something else is expressing but with your own twist or angle or movement. Does that make sense? I've decided that starting June first I want to produce one quality* photo every day.
*Quality as defined in my mind at any given time that day.


Fourthly, oh goodness this is becoming a list, I want to read. A lot. As much as I can possibly read. Which given my snail's pace might not be a whole lot for the average eighteen-year-old female, but that won't bother me as long as I know that by the end of the summer I have read all I possibly could, and enjoyed it. Don't worry. There will be a comprehensive reading list posted soon. There will probably be quite a few lists on this blog, as my mind works solely in list form.

Next, I also want to keep up a "Why Today Is Awesome" notebook. Inspired by the 5AG of course. I consider myself I fairly happy person. I mean I don't exactly have anything to be tragically upset about. But there are certainly days in everyone's life where it's not all rainbows and puppies. I think keeping up this journal could do no harm. Also, I like doodling.

Going along with doodling, I also want to draw more. I'm not particularly amazing at drawing or painting or that sort of art, but sometimes a piece or two will turn out better than expected. So plan to at least sketch more than I normally would. It's got to be good for your brain or something right?

Now that I've laid out at least a rough outline of what I want to do with my summer, I must put these ideas into action.

Mind you, this isn't everything I want to do this summer but these are new projects for me. Besides photography and of course reading I really haven't done any of these things on a regular basis. Other adventures on my list include, learning a bunch of new pieces on piano (a list will surely come of this), continue teaching myself guitar and ukulele, and watch several television series in their entirety (also list-worthy).

So if you're along for the ride I'll be sticking around for a while. I've got a lot on my to do list.

Shall we recap?

Blog, vlog, take photos, read, keep up with a "W.T.I.S." journal, doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment