Sunday, August 21, 2011

BEDA Day 21: Packing & Other Pre-Uni Thoughts

Packing. I did a lot of it today. I don't actually leave for the long road trip to where I'm going to school until next Saturday but my mum is on a work trip all of this week so she wanted to help me do it today. (cool story bro)

I like organizing things so I didn't find packing to unenjoyable, it was just things like having to pick what piano books I was going to bring with me that I had trouble with. It's hard to foresee what I'll actually use and what will just take up space but I'm pretty much the anti-pack rat so letting go of clothes and packing minimal make up isn't that hard. The hardest part really is knowing how much space everything is going to take up and where I'm going to put it because I have never been in the dorm. Also, I have no idea what life in residence is like (or uni at all for that matter) so I'm never sure if I'm packing all the right stuff. (That's not to say I haven't read the "what to pack" lists that my dorm has on their site, because I have). It's just those little things that I'm sure I'll figure out once I get there.

I haven't really been nervous about going to university. More excited really. I am anxious if I'll get enough sleep the first week and if I'll have enough time to get settled in between all the activities they have planned. I'm not a huge fan of non-stop parties and activities but as long as I have a moderate amount of down-time I should be good.

I'm not worried about making friends. I'm pretty alright at that, at least I think. I've moved before and have managed to meet pretty awesome people so I hope I can do the same at my new school.

Packing has worn me out. Goodnight people that read this.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever went to college without forgetting something I needed, calling my parents and asking them to mail me things was sort of a part of college life for me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete