Thursday, August 25, 2011

BEDA Day 25:Irene and My Upcoming Road Trip

Just sitting here watching the weather reports on the impending hurricane Irene and realizing that getting to my university by move-in day is going to be a bit of a challenge. Turns out that the path of the hurricane is pretty much identical to the path of my road trip. So we might be delaying the trip by a day at least to try to avoid the direct storm. Though I worry about driving through where the storm has passed through, flooding and damage and such could block roads. Of course safety takes priority over getting to school on time but I don't have to be there until Thursday so I should be fine, I just have quite a few things to get straightened out once I get there that I might not have time for now.

Other than realizing I might delaying my road trip departure today involved more packing, more baking and more X-Files watching. Ah, the life of an almost college student. Todays creation were simple (but tasty) sugar cookies, no picture my apologies. Since I last reported that I was enjoying The X-Files immensely I have fallen more in love with it. It has a much more connected storyline than I expected it would, and it ties events back to earlier episodes. The plot is a lot more complex than I anticipated. I thought the show was more case by case, serial episodes but in fact that is just one element of the show.

That's all for today. If you're in the path of the storm, make sure to stay safe and take all the necessary precautions.

1 comment: