Sunday, August 28, 2011

BEDA Day 28: Road Trip Part One

I have really crappy hotel internet so we're going to keep this short.

Today consisted of twelve hours of driving, which went fairly smoothly minus one construction zone. As a seasoned pro of road trips I can say that one of the most important aspects to driving for a long time is music. Ideally you have an iPod and an auxiliary cord but if you're me and your car doesn't have an auxiliary port so you have to resort to good ol' fashion CDs. I realize you can use the adapters that work with radio stations for connecting your iPod but those drive me crazy because I have to change the station every ten minutes. So as for music choice, I don't have that many CD's in my personal collection but what I did bring along some older CD's (not like classics old but like I've owned them for ten or more years old) such as Brushfire Fairytales by Jack Johnson and Room For Squares, John Mayer's debut album. They are both great albums and I would highly recommend them for not just traveling but just good listening in general. Also along with us for the ride, Brett Dennen's most recent album, Lover Boy and Norah Jones' compilation album, Featuring. For sentimental value I brought the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants soundtrack. Besides triggering immense nostalgia this album also has some great songs. It used to be a car staple with my mum and I before we used our iPods in the car. Finally I brought Adele's 21 but unfortunately the truck's CD player decided that it didn't work with this one. As a tip I'd say six CD's definitely aren't enough but if you've got minimal supply of music on CD's at least pick some albums that you're willing to listen to on repeat, that is if you're not a fan of the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment