Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BEDA Day 31: FIN

Alas, it has come to this. The last day of Blog Every Day August 2011. Over all I think it has been a pretty good experience and I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good way to write more or get motivated to write. It takes a wee bit of discipline but as long as you have steady internet access you're pretty much set to go. Especially if you are new to the world of blogging (like myself) it's a good way to learn what you like talking about even when you have nothing to talk about.

And now a look back at this August in which I asses the pros and cons of BEDA.

One of the best things about BEDA is the fact that it makes you write every day, or rather you have to make yourself write every day. This is good for two reasons, the first being the self-discipline aspect of it and the second is that the writing daily becomes a sort of brain exercise, like doing a sudoku or something. Besides the advantages I listed above BEDA also helps you develop a writing style if you're new to the blogging world. Even when writing a post is the last thing you want to do if you make yourself do it it's definitely worth the extra effort (even when you read it the next day and it sounds terrible).

The main negative side to blogging every day is exactly that, blogging every day. Some days you just feel completely uninspired and that's why every once in a while there are some just plain crap posts within the month. The other bad thing I suppose would be if you manage your time poorly (like me during the summer) and you're rushing to finish your post before you fall asleep.

Overall though this has definitely been a worthwhile experience and I definitely say try it if you haven't already. Of course you don't have to do it during a month that begins with 'A'. Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) is coming up this November as it does every year, another good writing exercise, though much more daunting then a simple blog post every day. Who knows maybe I'll give that a go.

If you were awesome to stick around this month and read even the worst of the worst posts I just want to say thanks a heap. I start school tomorrow so I'll be back with posts as soon as I get settled in, just not every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment