Saturday, August 6, 2011

BEDA Day 5: Nerdfighters IRL

So tonight I went to my friends belated surprise birthday party and it was awesome for two reasons. One, because the theme was stereotypical Mexican stuff because she's Mexican and we're hilarious and two, because I found out that one of my friends is a Nerdfighter and I met another mutual friend who is also a Nerdfighter. 

This makes me happy because just learning that people in my own "irl" friend group are Nerdfighters makes me think, "I knew I was friends with these people for a reason". Not that I don't love my non-nerdfighting friends. Also I had never met a Nerdfighter IRL (besides my friends that I introduced to Nerdfighteria) before so meeting this mutual friend was super cool. We did the gang sign and everything it was awesome, I geeked out. 

I'm really hopeful that I'll meet random people in public wearing a pizza John shirt or something at some point because I just want to flash them the gang sign and yell DFTBA to a stranger and it be completely normal. Oh, the things I dream of. 

In regards to Nerdfightastic adventures at university this fall I hope to meet some or at least introduce some people to the wonder that is Nerdfighteria. On a closing note John's VidCon thought from places video was beautiful and just reminded me what an amazing community the Green brothers have created and how lucky we are to be apart of it.

If you're still reading this and you have no earthly idea what I'm talking about visit www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers your life will get a whole lot more awesome. I can assure you.

1 comment: