Sunday, August 7, 2011

BEDA Day 7: Places to Reside

It's listy-bloggy-time! That's a thing now.

Here is a list of places that I would like to live at some point in my life. They range from cities to countries depending on how specific I am about that particular place. Just because they're on this list it doesn't mean I want to live there forever I just want to spend some time there or maybe I just think it's pretty.

1. Massachusetts- Ever since watching Dawson's Creek (which yes I realize is filmed in North Carolina) I have been keen on the atmosphere that surrounds Cape Side (fictional, I know) and I just think it's a lovely place.
2. San Fransisco- Everything about the look of San Fran just oozes quirky and I love that. I have never been but I have a great desire to take a California road trip and listen to nothing but the Beach Boys. I should write a blog post about how much I love the Beach Boys. Also trollies, I want to ride them.

3. Coastal Australia- Besides being obsessed with Australian accents and just the notion of anything Australian I've always wanted to learn how to surf and surfing in Australia would essentially be the best thing ever. At the beginning of the summer my friends and I did a "in five years time" thing in which I won, most likely to marry an Australian. I think living here might help me on this bet.

4. Bath- In my travels to England and Ireland this summer I had the fortunate experience of visiting the gorgeous city of Bath. The unfortunate part however was however was that the visit only lasted about three hours. It was only a short stop on a bus tour that took us to Winsdor Castle as well as Stonehenge. Needless to say those three hours were enough to convince me to move in. Though this might have to be a retirement residence because it's rather pricey to live here.

5. Santorini- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants aside, I've always thought Santorini is a beautiful place but unfortunately during my tenth grade trip to Italy and Greece I never got to go to the islands. I was there when I was about four but I obviously can't remember too much. Besides the fact that it's a gorgeous place I also want to live in a country where English is not the primary language to take me out of my comfort zone a bit. Also, it would be fun and interesting to learn Greek. 

1 comment: