Monday, June 18, 2012

Cat Power Appreciation Post

Just lounging around with Cat Power's new single 'Ruin' on repeat and loving life. I know critics always use the phrase "eagerly anticipated" in regards to album releases but it's been six years since Cat Power released original content, so it's about time. But all good things take time to come into the world,  right? If 'Ruin' is any indicator of the rest of the album it's going to be a beauty. Just a few days ago I bought The Greatest for $6.00 the other day at my favourite record store, so I'm taking this as a sign from the musical gods that I was pushed back in the Cat Power direction for a reason. There's something about her style that can't be crammed into a genre and I'm just so excited to have her back in my musical radar. Also she cut all her hair off and it looks pro. I'm so used to the classic straight hair and fringe with her so it will take some getting used to.

This has been a brief but duly needed Chan Marshal appreciation post. You can listen to the lovely new single 'Ruin' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment