Monday, August 6, 2012

Job Hunt

As the school year approaches (slower than I would like) it's time to start looking for jobs. Because, frankly, this whole being perpetually without monetary funds thing is getting old. Though I am a whole nineteen years old the job that I *hopefully* get for the school year will be my first real paying job. Which is exciting and a little scary, but mostly relieving. Relieving in that I'll finally have an official job on my resume so I can tell other future employers that I'm good at being employed. Also relieving to have the "first job" thing under my belt. Something to tell the grandkids about, you know. But why am I waiting this long to get a job? Not by choice, if that's what you're wondering. No, alas, I've been living under a visa in AMURICA for the past few years and it's not the kind of visa you can work with, unfortunately. But, that's life. Now I shall be employed! Hopefully.

I'm hoping to get a job at my favourite movie rental store and finally get to live out my Tibby Rollins Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants lifestyle. If that doesn't work out, I'll *likely* be able to get a paying job at my library because I've been volunteering at one this summer.

Now that the reality of job hunting is fast approaching I'm realizing that my ability to write a proper email has diminished drastically over the summer. This whole "being a responsible adult" thing is harder than it seems. I mean I'm going to to have to start house hunting in a month. In the real world. With real houses. And real questions like "is heating and electric included?"

I'm not feeling very prepared at the moment. How long will it take until I do?

Song recommendation: The Box by Johnny Flynn

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. I'm in the middle of my own job hunt at the moment so I know how it feels.

    ReplyDelete