Tuesday, August 7, 2012

San Francisco

Recently I have been reunited with my childhood love, Full House. I have very fond memories of sitting on this comfy chair with my friend, eating pizza pockets and watching Full House. Though I was only two years old when the show ended, thankfully it's aired ample reruns. To add to my San Fran kick, I watched Princess Diaries the other day which just solidified my feelings. I mean who wouldn't want to live in a refurbished firehouse.

My reunion with this show has also brought about a mild obsession with San Francisco and my idealization of it. I've been really keen on visiting the city (and other places in California) for a while now but the more I look into it the more I pre-fall-in-love with it. I certainly don't want to idealize it to the point of disappointment if/when I ever do visit but right now I'm just in a mild fan-girl phase. Can you fan-girl over a place? Perhaps it's because I have this unrealistic image of moving to San Fransico and pursuing photography in the real world and living in a refurbished firehouse. But hey, I've had worse ideas. I feel as though I'm nostalgic for a place I've never been (Paper Towns reference) and I'm not really sure why. But I do know that I have to get there to find out why.

Here's a picture of San Francisco that is not mine.


Song recommendation: San Francisco by Brett Dennen

No comments:

Post a Comment