Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Reflections

After a week in Florida, I'm heading back home tomorrow for the last leg of the longest summer vacation ever. A break from school is always good but I think four months is just too long for me. I plan on taking some spring classes next year though so I'll have a slightly more reasonable summer. That's never something you would here my child-self complaining about but I'm just far too restless now to be able to handle for months of structureless living. I think it would be okay if I could have a job with some sort of regular schedule but alas I am floating in a sea of joblessness.

Though it's been a long summer, it's been a fairly good one. Traveling to France, spending quality time with friends (Wilmington adventures), completing quite a bit on my summer list of things. I'm especially happy that I spent a lot of time playing music. Whether it was piano, uke or guitar I did spend a lot of time learning new songs (and occasionally being brave enough to record them).

I've actually improved my guitar skills quite a bit over the last month or so (after finally getting my mum's old guitar fixed) and though I'm nowhere near pro I feel like I have at least a vague idea of what's going on. After spending a week away from guitar I'm itching to get back to it, so I think that's a sign that I'm going to have to buy my own when I get back to school. Something to annoy the floormates with, excellent!

The goal is to successfully record something on garageband, which I'm still int he process of figuring out. And perhaps I'll post it on here. Maybe.

song recommendation: Undertow by Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment